As of 1st August 2020, Which? Trusted Traders will not be publishing any paper reviews sent to us by customers.
The old-style paper review cards were phased out in early 2019. This was to reduce the risk of fake reviews and speed up our reviews publishing process.
Our reviews cards have now been replaced with reminder cards that you can give to your customers, which tell them how to leave a review, either on our website or by calling us.
The changes aimed to:
- Prevent abuse of the review system: we wanted to make sure all reviews are submitted directly to us and can’t go astray. It was harder to ensure this with paper reviews and this wasn’t fair on traders or customers.
- Increase confidence in Trusted Traders: by removing the potential for abuse, your customers can be more confident in the reviews and the reputations of Trusted Traders.
- Speed up publication: using paper and post meant it could take several days for a review to go live. Switching to online and phone enables reviews to be received more quickly.
Our new review cards
We're encouraging our traders to give their customers our new review cards, which explain how they can leave you a review in a more secure way.
Check out our article on how to get more customer reviews on your profile.
Here is an example of the new review cards that you can give to your customers:
Order yours completely free of charge, by logging into your profile page and visiting the Community or by calling your Account Manager on 0117 456 6031.
How to leave a review online
Your customers no longer have to log in or register to write reviews, thanks to improvements we made to our website in December 2018.
Following feedback from traders and customers, we streamlined the online review process to encourage more people to take part. Reviewers simply have to provide some contact details to enable us to verify that the review is genuine.
What about customers who don’t use the internet?
You can reassure customers that we still offer an ‘offline’ option: they can call us on 0117 456 6031 to provide their review.
We have a dedicated team on hand to take the calls so we can get the reviews posted as quickly as possible.
Details of how to call us are also included on the new-style cards.
Are reviews moderated?
We pride ourselves on moderating 100% of our reviews to make sure they comply with our terms and conditions. This can involve checking IP addresses, speaking to the reviewer on the phone and requesting documents relating to the work such as proof of purchase.
While no system is fail proof, we will always seek to reject and hide reviews if we don’t believe they are authentic. We are constantly looking for ways to streamline our processes to enhance our moderation process further.
If you think any review looks suspicious or, if you have any further questions please feel free to contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact your account manager to order the new cards or if you have any questions about the changes.
Tackling fake reviews at Which?
At Which? we've been working hard across the business to fight fake reviews. As well as our work improving the Which? Trusted Traders reviews process, we've also launched our Stop Fake Reviews campaign. Our petition has received more than 62,000 signatures, demanding that big companies take action against fake reviews.
- How to get more customer reviews on your profile
- Did you know you can show off your Which? Trusted Trader rating on your website?
- Find out more about reputational risk