Which? Trusted Traders is working with the Renewable Energy Consumer Code (RECC) to help traders stand out from the crowd.
Businesses that become Which? Trusted Traders will be able to use our endorsement logo, giving customers confidence when looking for someone to work on their home.
Members of RECC can now apply to join Which? Trusted Traders and take advantage of three special offers:
- Membership fees will be reduced by 50% for the first six months.
- Eligible traders will be refunded their Trusted Traders application fee if they’re successfully accepted on to the scheme within 30 days of application.
- The assessment can be carried out over the phone rather than in person, alongside a review of the business’s original application to RECC.
All applicants will still have to pass our rigorous assessment process and agree to follow our Code of Conduct, just as all our Trusted Traders do.
If you’re a member of RECC, apply now to become a Which? Trusted Trader.
‘Ensuring consumer protection’
Virginia Graham, chief executive of RECC, said: ‘I am delighted that Renewable Energy Consumer Code has been able to negotiate favourable terms for RECC members who wish to become Which? Trusted Traders.
‘The agreement between RECC and Which? Trusted Traders recognises the complementary strengths of our two schemes, both of which exist to ensure the highest levels of consumer protection. I look forward to a fruitful partnership going forward.’
Poppy Hynam, Which? Trusted Trader's trade association manager, said: 'Which? Trusted Traders is working with RECC to help traders get more recognition in the market.
'We are pleased to be playing a key part in encouraging high standards and reducing consumer detriment.'
- Read the full terms and conditions of the offer
- More about our code of conduct
- If you need a trader, here’s why you should choose a Trusted Trader